Guidelines & Submission
If Someone Only Knew…
1. Youth between the ages of 13 – 18 are eligible.
2. Essays should not exceed 3,000 words and should address the prompt
If Someone Only Knew.
3. Selections may focus on times when your voice has been silenced and/or
times where you spoke your truth.
4. Essays can be personal narratives written in traditional format. Essays
may also be written in verse, graphic novel, slam poetry and or any combination.
Visual art submissions are also accepted:
5. Essays must be double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 point font if
written in traditional style.
6. Graphic novels, drawings and/or paintings should be scanned,
saved at 300 DPI and as a PSD file. Photography should be sent as a
high resolution digital attachment via WeTransfer or Dropbox.
7. Your real name will never be published.
8. All writers must submit a “pen name” to protect their identity.
Example: Jane Doe could be: unicornrockstar84
9. All writers are strongly encouraged to have your essay proofread.
If we can’t follow your story, it may not be selected.
10. A selection of submissions will be published to the www.NeverCountedOut.com blog. There will be a place for people to comment with ideas, resources and support.
This section will be moderated to exclude unhelpful or hateful comments.
11. Some writers may be approached about having their work included in a
future If Someone Only Knew… printed book/anthology.
12. Deadline for Submissions is November 2016. Please don’t wait until the
13. All questions regarding submissions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now . . .
Upload your work by selecting the “Dropbox Link” and following the instructions.
Click for Dropbox
Then . . .
Fill out the submission form. Be sure and let us know the title of the work (s) and the “pen name” you have submitted.
Please fill out the form below.